Dr. Buket Benek Gursoy
Buket has a B.Sc. degree in Maths Engineering and an M.Sc. degree in Computational Science and Engineering from the Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. She received her Ph.D. on Applied Maths at the Hamilton Institute, NUI Maynooth. She has expertise in implementing numerical algorithms and scientific programming libraries for solving complex problems using HPC tools and techniques. Buket joined ICHEC in November 2012 as a computational scientist under the European HPC project PRACE. At ICHEC, she is primarily involved in developing software on diverse applications of science and engineering such as molecular dynamics, quantum physics and geophysics. She also takes part in formal teaching activities in particular within graduate programmes in NUI Galway as well as training courses at HEIs.
Buket's work on DL_POLY was featured in the NVIDIA's Women Who CUDA Campaign in June 2014. Buket is a member of Women in HPC.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles (2011-2015):
- B. Benek Gursoy, S. Kirkland, O. Mason and S. Sergeev, The Markov Chain Tree Theorem in commutative semirings and the State Reduction Algorithm in commutative semifields, Linear Algebra Appl. 468 (2015) 184-196.
- B. Benek Gursoy, S. Kirkland, O. Mason and S. Sergeev, On the Markov Chain Tree Theorem in the Max Algebra, Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra 26 (2013) 15-27.
- B. Benek Gursoy, O. Mason and S. Sergeev, The Analytic Hierarchy Process, Max Algebra and Multi-objective Optimisation, Linear Algebra Appl. 438 (2013) 2911-2928.
- B. Benek Gursoy and O. Mason, P1max and Smax properties and asymptotic stability in the max algebra, Linear Algebra Appl. 435 (2011) 1008–1018.
- B. Benek Gursoy and O. Mason, Spectral properties of matrix polynomials in the max algebra, Linear Algebra Appl. 435 (2011) 1626-1636.
Conference Publications and Abstracts (2005-2008):
- B. Benek and M. Demiralp, Approximation Methods for the Solution of Quantum Evolution Equations at the Zero Fluctuation Limit, Multivariate Analysis and its Application in Science and Engineering (MAASE), 2008, Istanbul.
- B. Benek and H. Dag, A Comparison of Decomposition Techniques for Structurally Symmetric Sparse Matrices for Parallel Incomplete LU Factorization, International Conference on Computational Science and Education (ICCSE), 2006, Rochester NY.
- H. Dag, G. Soykan and B. Benek, Can Interval Arithmetic Based Preconditioner Work For Nonlinear Systems?, International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (ICCSE), 2005, Istanbul.
- B. Benek Gursoy, Enabling Band Parallelisation in QE-PHONON, Conference poster at WiHPC Workshop in SC'14, 21 November 2014, New Orleans.
- B. Benek Gursoy, H. R. Nagel, An Analysis of State of the Art Tools for Preparing DL_POLY_4 for Exascale, PRACE Whitepaper (2014).
- B. Lindi, J. Christian Meyer, T. Ponweiser and B. Benek Gursoy, Exploiting HPC Tools and Techniques, META Magazine , Number 1, 2014.