EU Programme Development Officer
Programme Manager to lead our European Co-Funding Initiatives
As noted in the recent National Development Plan for Ireland, "Ireland is a founding member of EuroHPC, a multi-billion euro initiative to develop a world class supercomputing ecosystem in Europe. ICHEC leads on Ireland's efforts to secure some to the matching funding which will be available from EuroHPC under the next European multiannual financial framework."
ICHEC has an open opportunity for an EU Programme Development Officer to support our European projects. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the implementation of ICHEC's EU Strategy in conjunction with members of the Centre's Executive Committee and the Project Management Office (PMO).
Applicants should have experience of EU proposal writing, and knowledge of EU funding schemes such as Horizon Europe and Digital Europe. Excellent grant writing, communication and project management skills are central to the role.
Interested candidates with the qualifications specified below, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Administrative Officer, Grade 4. Salary €44,659 to €50,031 per annum pro rata for shorter and/or part-time contracts (public sector pay policy rules pertaining to new entrants will apply).
- A post-graduate qualification (Masters) in a relevant area or equivalent experience;
- A proven track record in coordinating proposal submissions for research funding, to National and/or International agencies;
- At least 5 years proven experience in EU Project management from acquisition, negotiation and implementation;
- Extensive EU network of partners in industry, academia and the European Commission;
- Knowledge of the comprehensive suite of funding schemes in Horizon Europe and Digital Europe Programmes;
- Broad knowledge of at least two of ICHEC’s application domains (HPC, Climate Modelling, Earth Observation, Machine Learning, RD&I, SME support, Quantum Computing, Cloud Computing, Edge Computing);
- Strong project proposal writing experience and successful funding achievements;
- Numerate and accurate with attention to detail and an ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff and management across all levels, both internally and externally;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities, as directed by Centre’s Senior Operations & Financer Manager.
- Experience of producing budget projections, understanding of expense management, and the ability to monitor millions of euro in cash distributions;
- General knowledge of Research Institutes and Universities’ administrative procedures;
- Demonstrated experience of managing and prioritising a varied workload and must show flexibility and adaptability in their approach to tasks;
- Knowledge of the national RD&I landscape;
- Knowledge of the Irish language.
This post will involve travel nationally and throughout Europe to networking events and consortia meetings.