Information about software packages installed on the ICHEC systems.
The Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) offers highly optimized, extensively threaded math routines for scientific, engineering, and financial applications that require maximum performance. It includes the following:
- An implementation of BLAS and LAPACK that is highly optimised for Intel processors.
- Sparse solvers that use both direct and indirect/iterative methods.
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) routines optimised for Intel processors.
- The Vector Math Library (VML) provides highly optimized vector implementations of computationally intensive core mathematical functions
- The Vector Statistical Library (VSL) is a collection of random number generators for a number of probability distributions.
- An optimised implementation of ScaLAPACK.
- An optimised distributed memory FFT implementation.
To use Intel MKL load the relevant environment module:
For more information see the Intel MKL webpage.