The Stokes machine was the second generation of general purpose HPC National Service system, replacing Walton. Installed in December 2008, a processor upgrade in August 2010 enabled its operational lifespan to be extended out to five years. The system was hosted in the Daedalus datacentre in UCD.
Dec '08 - Dec '13
25.1 & 36.6 TFlop/s
Linpack Performance (pre and post upgrade)
The SGI ICE 8200EX cluster entered service in December 2008. In August 2010, a mid-cycle upgrade replaced the compute nodes with the latest Westmere processors thus giving the system a 50% bump in performance.
- (Dec '08 - Aug '10) - 320 nodes each with:
- 2 x 4 core Intel Xeon E5462 (Harpertown)
- 16GB RAM
- (Aug '10 - Nov '13) - 320 nodes each with:
- 2 x 6 core Intel Xeon E5650 (Westmere)
- 24GB RAM
- DDR InfiniBand hypercube interconnect
- 84TiB Panasas storage