ICHEC's Quantum Programming Ireland (QPI) Initiative
Since 2018, ICHEC has been active in advancing quantum computing platforms and their programming. ICHEC's Quantum Programming Ireland (QPI) Initiative was designed to advance:
- Development of practical applications on currently available quantum computing platforms (hardware and software simulators).
- Research and development in software to enable programming quantum computing platforms.
- Education and training for the academic and enterprise communities.
Under the Quantum Programming Initiative, ICHEC is developing the software ecosystem and programming expertise to target quantum platforms. Projects in this domain include;
- Quantum Natural Language Processing (QNLP)
- Quantum Chemistry Analysis of PFAS Pollutants (QPFAS)
- Efficient Quantum Circuit Simulations on Exascale Systems (QuantEx)
ICHEC is also hosting the 2nd Quantum Flagship European Quantum Technologies Conference in Dublin, Ireland in November 2021.