ICHEC's Quantum Programming Ireland (QPI) Initiative
ICHEC is advancing quantum computing platforms and programming. The Quantum Programming Ireland (QPI) Initiative set-up by ICHEC in 2018 was designed to advance:
- Development of practical applications on currently available quantum computing platforms (hardware and software simulators).
- Research and development in software to enable programming quantum computing platforms.
- Education and training for the academic and enterprise communities.
Under the Quantum Programming Initiative, ICHEC is developing the software ecosystem and programming expertise for quantum platforms. Projects in this domain include;
- EU Quantum Flagship NExt ApplicationS of Quantum Computing (NEASQC)
- Quantum Natural Language Processing (QNLP)
- Quantum Chemistry Analysis of PFAS Pollutants (QPFAS)
- Efficient Quantum Circuit Simulations on Exascale Systems (QuantEx)
- ICHEC is also hosting the 2nd Quantum Flagship European Quantum Technologies Conference in Dublin, Ireland in November 2021.