DOROTHY research into public health crises
Public health crises are too complex to be tackled in silos and the IRC, together with the HRB & EPA and co-funded by the EU, have launched the DOROTHY Multidisciplinary Programme.
ICHEC has expertise and contacts across the health and environmental fields along with AI, HPC and infrastructure, ICHEC is offering its services as a host centre to support any interested postdoctoral researchers.
Interested researchers should contact Health Data and Analytics Lead Orna Fennelly for more details. Email email@example.com
Press release by IRC: https://research.ie/funding/dorothy-cofund-programme/?f=postdoctoral
DOROTHY Website: https://dorothy.ie/
- DevelOp InterdisciplinaRy ApprOaches to HealTH Crises CollaborativelY (DOROTHY)
- 36 Month fully paid Fellowship with international mobility.
- 18 months outgoing phase at an international partner organisation and 18 months return phase at the main host in Ireland (ICHEC).
- In addition to identifying two academic supervisors (Ireland & abroad) applicants are also encouraged to include a non-academic secondment (between 3 and 6 months).
- DOROTHY is open to applicants from all nationalities, provided they haven’t resided in the outgoing phase country for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline.
- DOROTHY is open to all disciplines provided the project relates to public health crises.
- Research areas will include, but will not be limited to, epidemiology, engineering of materials, health psychology, health economics, social history, medical and health humanities, and philosophy.
- Permanent employees of an eligible Irish HEI cannot apply to DOROTHY listing their current employer as the Irish host organisation.
- Remuneration includes an annual salary, mobility allowance and training and research expenses.
- Call deadline 23rd May 2022 4pm.